Education & Activities
Read about Dr.Beth’s credentials here
“Looking through your child’s eyes changes everything”
“Thank you for being such a wonderful doctor and compassionate caregiver.”
– Mother of 6 yr. old girl
Academic Educational Credentials
As a Clinical Child Psychologist, I am trained in therapy, testing and research. While clinically trained in evaluation, assessment and treatment of adults and children of all ages, I have specialized in early childhood mental health.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (1996), University of Rochester, Rochester New York; Phi Beta Kappa
- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (1993), University of Florida (Gainesville), Dept. of Clinical & Health Psychology, College of Health-Related Professions; Excellence in Research Award
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (1996) in Pediatric Psychology, Department of Psychology, Indiana University (Bloomington)
- Post-Doctoral Clinical Fellowship (1997) in Pediatric Psychology, St. Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Certified in Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), directly supervised by developer Dr. Sheila Eyberg; served as participant clinician in PCIT treatment efficacy research studies.
- EMDR Level one, Child Specialist trained by Ana Gomez
I am a Licensed Psychologist in the state of Arizona. A clinical child psychologist of 25 years, this is my 18th year of private practice. I am a member of the following organizations:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Arizona Psychological Association (AzPA)
- Children’s Services Network of Arizona
- Zero to Three National Center for Infants, Toddlers & Families
My professional activities have included:
Private Practice, Beth Onufrak, Ph.D., PC (Dr.BethKids) (2001-present)
- Member, Ethics Committee, Arizona Psychological Association (2011-2013)
- Consultant, Head Start Mental Health program, City of Phoenix (2002-2008)
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Phoenix, Masters in Counseling program (1999-2007)
- Adjunct Faculty, Arizona State University, Psychology Department;Undergraduate and Graduate (1999-2003)
- Supervisor/Director of Children’s Services, Terros, Outpatient Mental Health Department (2000-2001)
“Parents keep teaching me the same lesson: the most profound improvement in child behavior arises when adults change their view of the child.”
– Dr. Beth Onufrak
Dr. Onufrak accepts new child patients 3-7 years old. She may, under certain circumstances, treat younger and slightly older children. Children may remain in her care as they grow or return at a later stage of development with different issues.
ChildSightTools® is Dr. Onufrak's model for child treatment and Online School for parents that makes young-child parenting easier!
Free Online Course
How to Stay Calm When Your Child is Melting Down
Secrets for cooling yourself and your kids when you're as mad as they are!